Call for papers – Urban transformation and urban heritage.
NIKU’s researchers, Joar Skrede and Grete Swensen, are guest editors in a special issue of Journal of Urbanism.
This special issue of the Journal of Urbanism is dedicated to papers dealing with the connection and potential conflict between
urban transformation and urban heritage. We are especially interested in papers devoted to questions concerning heritage and
Possible paper topics include:
- Preservation of heritage values under conditions of urban growth
- Infill architecture in historic urban areas
- Case studies of best and/or worst practices concerning heritage and densification
- Sustainability issues (environmental, economic, social, cultural) with particular emphasis on heritage’s role in sustainable urban development
- Growing cities, heritage and resilience
- Densification and urban heritage: Public participation, governance models, stakeholder involvement etc.